About Me

My photo
United States
Daniel X is the experimental creation of the artist Daniel Kimbrough.I am a self taught artist and musician who is a well known for my affiliation with The world renowned Museum The Menil Collection Museum.As a surrealist my work was represented by The Menil Collection for 10 years making me the longest local artist represented by the collection.I was named artist of the year by the collection in 2008.My work as a painter lead me into music composition as a vehicle to greater express myself thru the medium of sound thus creating a submersion effect for the viewers and patrons of my work.Presently I have been focusing entirely on music composition and 3D and CG animation.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Windows 8 Pro;Not Ready For Consumption

I was so excited about a new windows operating system coming out that I jumped on the bandwagon and tried the RTC release,partitioned my hard drive to avoid any mishaps so I could pleasantly go back to W7.It installed beautifully and ran great except for ONE major flaw,it would not connect to the internet....After a good 30 hours of trying everything short of writing a program myself,I admitted defeat and tried to go back to W7,no dice!My system crashed leaving me to go through the delightful task of reinstalling  W7,which might I add would never reinstall so I stepped down to Vista for a few months bought a new system with Windows 7 installed and swore off Windows 8 for life.Well fast forward 6 months to the new release of Windows 8 Pro,being a kind and forgiving soul I thought for sure Microsoft would by no means release a operating system without first making sure it was golden,boy was I wrong.I must admit I did learn my lesson and decided after the drama with my last system install I would put it on my Netbook,well I did and it ran flawlessly until,yes you guessed it,I tried to connect to the internet and just like before no dice no connection!I have now wasted 40 hours of my life trying to get something that is suppose to make my life easier which has been nothing but a connection nightmare!I have found more than a few flaws with the operating system one of the greatest being it will not accept any unsigned drivers,which if your aware of drivers most are unsigned so therefore it will not install and then more issues ensue,seriously microsoft,WTF?Even my OCD and my inability to take no for an answer can not change the facts that the world is not ready for Windows 8,shame on you Microsoft for not making sure your system is ready to interact with all devices before selling your operating system to the world what a major flaw in what appears to be a flawless operating system.Is this what we have come to these days,selling unfinished incomplete software just to make a buck?I gave you two chances and even paid for the second and you still whipped it out and took a wiz on me!This is a warning to the consumer,if it is not broken don't fix it,I suggest to you all at least wait until the SP 1 comes out to save yourself a lot of nightmares and connectivity issues ,Windows 8 is not ready for public consumption by any means,learn from my mistakes and save yourself some heartache!

No comments:

Post a Comment