About Me

My photo
United States
Daniel X is the experimental creation of the artist Daniel Kimbrough.I am a self taught artist and musician who is a well known for my affiliation with The world renowned Museum The Menil Collection Museum.As a surrealist my work was represented by The Menil Collection for 10 years making me the longest local artist represented by the collection.I was named artist of the year by the collection in 2008.My work as a painter lead me into music composition as a vehicle to greater express myself thru the medium of sound thus creating a submersion effect for the viewers and patrons of my work.Presently I have been focusing entirely on music composition and 3D and CG animation.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Be careful what you ask for,you just might get it!

Greetings and hello!It is been quite some time since my last post,all apologies.A lot has happened since my last entry,the most influential being a trip to New York to film my music video in July of 2012 (The King of Dubstep) where I was shocked to be publicly identified and acknowledged for my work throughout my stay in the city.This has really threw me into a state of hiding since,and has changed the why I work.I am now being much more guarded with what I am sharing of my personal image publicly as a means to preserve my privacy. I am now embodying my 3d images I create,these 3D images will now be the public representation of Daniel X. I really had no idea that people were listening so to be addressed by strangers on the street and throughout Manhattan who felt as if they knew me was an extremely threatening experience.I have always classified myself as an introverted extrovert but I have now learned that privacy is very important to me and it is something I will continue to guard.I have a whole new respect for fame and everything that goes with it,the saying "Be careful what you ask for,you just might get it." has never resonated so loudly in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment