About Me

My photo
United States
Daniel X is the experimental creation of the artist Daniel Kimbrough.I am a self taught artist and musician who is a well known for my affiliation with The world renowned Museum The Menil Collection Museum.As a surrealist my work was represented by The Menil Collection for 10 years making me the longest local artist represented by the collection.I was named artist of the year by the collection in 2008.My work as a painter lead me into music composition as a vehicle to greater express myself thru the medium of sound thus creating a submersion effect for the viewers and patrons of my work.Presently I have been focusing entirely on music composition and 3D and CG animation.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

New Orleans Art Discovery on Royal Street

On a recent trip to New Orleans my niece and I where leisurely strolling through the French Quarter when we stumbled upon a treasure trove of rare gems tucked away in a small quaint gallery on Royal Street!Being an artist myself sometimes its hard for me when I make eye contact with a painting to just let myself relax and enjoy the image,that is why to my surprise this was not the case when I first encountered the Tanner pieces at Tanner Gallery located at 830 Royal Street.To my utter shock these pieces were perfection!Not usually a fan of trees as a subject matter Mr Tanner's work left me speechless.The compositions of trees being observed from a back lit perspective were truly magnificent and simple all in one foul swoop.The colors varied from canvas to canvas some in intense blues,others in vibrant oranges,ripe reds,and shocking yellows,but with one under lying masterful consistency of extreme perfection.As I gazed into the paintings I felt a strange calm as I became a silent observer of Mr.Tanner's personal interpretations of nature.Feeling as if I had become an interloper,stumbling onto a secret hidden vista,time and space became non existent,as i peered into the small pieces of delight.After doing my research I was even more amazed to find that Mr.Tanner was the polite individual that welcomed us during our visit to the gallery.So if you find yourself  in New Orleans I highly recommend a visit to Tanner Gallery at 830 Royal Street,you will be so glad you did.Here is a link to thier online gallery.http://www.hauntingart.com/Haunting_Art/Welcome.html

No comments:

Post a Comment